![]() |
| (AP) "I've got them right where I want them..." |
The NBA Players Association has decided not to accept the NBA's latest deal and has chosen to dissolve the union and prepare to file an anti-trust lawsuit against the league. Essentially, this means that the chances of losing the entire season just increased dramatically.
This is extremely saddening news for anyone who loves or is involved with the game of basketball. The fact that the players are taking legal action that could/should have been taken months ago shows that they are in over their head, and really, have been the entire time. This process could drag out for months and months. More players are already negotiating contracts with teams overseas.
I wouldn't say that I have an allegiance towards the players or the owners, but the players really do look foolish here. What did they expect to happen? They haven't had any leverage from the start, and now that they've been backed into a corner (and faced with the harsh reality that the deal that was just on the table was the best one that they were going to get), they desperately turn to the courts to bail them out.
Let's face it: they beat the owners the last time around. Bad. They had to know that the NBA was going to do as much as it could to even the odds this time around. The union should have made a few concessions, see how bad the owners were pushing, and accepted as close to 50/50 as they could have gotten before losing any games. Instead, we're here.
Man I wish I liked hockey.
Oh well, at least the Eagles are good this year, right?
Oh wait...

How long until pitchers and catchers report?...
ReplyDeleteMid February.
ReplyDelete