Saturday, September 24, 2011

Training Camp postponed indefinitely, 43 preseason games lost

The NBA announced on Friday that training camp has been indefinitely postponed and that all preseason games through October 15th have been cancelled. This comes on the heels of an unproductive meeting between the leaders of the NBA and NBAPA.

This really isn't a shock, considering how far apart both sides are on a deal. It's just one step closer to a reality that all basketball fans are going to have to face: there most likely will not be a full NBA season.

Stay tuned for more updates.

2 comments:

  1. Wouldn't be the end of the world to miss those meaningless preseason "games." As for the shortened season, it's a possibility but I do think that there will be a season of SOME sort. Keep your fingers crossed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, but at this point I think I'd rather them just miss the entire season and get a deal done that's going to benefit the game as opposed to them missing half the season and then having one side accept a bad deal out of panic. A half season would just feel wrong. I feel like whoever wins the championship won't be viewed the same as champions from past years because of how different the circumstances are.

    ReplyDelete